The American Rodeo Brings Tim McGraw And Faith Hill To AT&T Stadium
The American is returning to AT&T Stadium, Saturday, March 5th with the PBR Global Cup and a performance by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, Sunday, March 6th.
The American, is a legendary western sports and entertainment weekend that occurs annually at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, and represents the richest single-day event in all of western sports. Over the course of qualifier events across the country, competitors will all battle for what could be the biggest single-day paycheck of their careers. Owned by Teton Ridge, The American is a true open competition in format, the iconic event brings together top professional rodeo athletes and honest, hardworking cowboys and cowgirls in a winner-take-all showdown, meant to crown the finest talent the world has to offer.
With an unmatched total purse of more than $3 million, non-stop rodeo action, live music, entertainment and more the industry-leading event is the centerpiece of Teton Ridge’s western sports portfolio.
2022 will see the return of PBR (Professional Bull Riders) to the renowned week American and PBR last united for a historic weekend of Western sports at AT&T Stadium in 2018. Regarded as the “Olympics of bull riding,” the 2022 PBR Global Cup USA will feature five nations and six teas battling it out for national pride and the title of “Toughest Nation on Dirt.” Teams from Australia, Brazil, Canada and Mexico will attempt to upset host nation Team USA, which will be represented by Team Eagles and all Native American Team Wolves.
- The American features competitors in all eight rodeo disciplines: barrel racing, breakaway roping, steer wrestling, team roping (heading and healing), tie down roping, bareback riding, saddle bronc riding and bull riding
- Each qualifier in the 2022 finals will be eligible for their discipline’s $100,000 prize money as well as a shot at a million-dollar bonus at this revolutionizing event.
- The American boasts an unmatched purse of more than $3 million including non-stop rodeo action, live music and entertainment
- Women’s breakaway ropers will now be eligible for the $2 million added bonus for the first time
- The American payout earnings rival that of the Kentucky Derby and is the first rodeo in the world that gives the underdog the opportunity to win more money in just one day than they could accumulate in a lifetime of rodeo competition.
Tickets go on sale this Friday, December 3rd. Be listening to Gunner and I to win weekend passes to both the rodeo and the big show to see Tim and Faith.
CHECK IT OUT: How He's Changed! Garth Brooks' Storied Career in Pictures