Las Vegas To Open Soon
You can start planning your Vegas vacations soon. According to Fox News
, Las Vegas will re-open soon but with restrictions.
The governor of Nevada has set a tentative date for June 4th.
MGM resorts have listed their plans to re-open:
We will continue providing the hospitality experiences we are known for, but we must do so safely,” he said. “We will continue working with experts and following guidance from the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and government officials and regulators as we evolve these protocols based on the latest information.”
The plan includes the following steps:
- Screening, temperature checks for employees and guests, either when they arrive for their shift or prior to their arrival (and during their stay).
- Mandatory masks and personal protective equipment for employees (guests will be encouraged to wear masks and to avoid activities such as eating while on the casino floor, which would require them to remove masks).
- A six-foot physical distancing policy will be implemented, wherever feasible. Other areas will have plexiglass barriers installed to protect guests and employees.
- Handwashing stations have been installed in high-traffic areas and employees will practice enhanced routine cleaning procedures.
- The heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) controls and air quality will be monitored based on the latest scientific information about the virus.
- Incident response protocols have been created for when a guest or employee tests positive for the virus in order to reduce the chance of infection.
- Digital innovations such as contactless check-in, digital menus and digital restaurant queues have been implemented to reduce the amount of exposure between guests and employees.